Trying to find some good news... Her eye is feeling a lot better. And they finally rolled in a reclining chair for me so I don't have to sleep upright. Thanks for all the prayers and support. G'night!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Step backwards
Courtney had been having a relatively good day today. She actually stayed awake all day, had visits from her mom and dad and was actually able to visit a little. This evening she was looking forward to a dinner of french toast, and while she was waiting for it decided to take the nurse up on the request to take an assisted walk around the floor. She did pretty well, ran into one corner and had to be caught from falling a couple of times, but that's not to shabby at this point. A few minutes after getting back in bed she was hit with a sudden excruciating headache and terrible nausea. When it didn't pass, they gave her some morphine and an anti-nausea, but it still didn't help. They were worried that something had gone wrong, so they rushed her down for a CAT scan. Everything in the scan looks good, but she's really hurting bad, so they've put her back on the heavy doses of the heavy drugs and we may get to do a replay of the last couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the updates Jason. They've been very helpful for those of us who love you guys.
Rex and Kate
Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm so sorry to hear that she's uncomfortable. I will keep Courtney in my prayers still!
Karen
Thanks for keeping us posted Jason. What a great husband you are! I wish we were able to do more for you both. Give Courtney our love and please know how much we are praying for her speedy recovery.
Oh, man. I hope this turns around again soon. All my love.
Post a Comment