
Just released my first single!!! The money earned will go towards my cancer care and hopefull future music. Support me by downloading the song and passing it on!
Jason wrote: "Courtney, her brother Clayton Pixton, and I have been working on recording and producing a lot of Courtney's music. This song is just the first finished one. we have many more on the way and will update as they become available. Thanks for all the support!"
Dreamer
http://cdbaby.com
Listen to and buy Courtney Pixton Atack music on CD Baby. Download Dreamer by Courtney Pixton Atack on the independent record store by musicians for musicians.
or buy it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Dreamer/dp/B007KB1BX2
Here are the notes I put on the album on Cdbaby:
Two weeks after giving birth to my fourth child, it was discovered that I had a cancerous brain tumor. Two weeks later I had a piece of my brain, about the size of a large egg, removed from my right temporal lobe. That was two years ago. I'm now living with a terminal diagnosis and serious brain injury which affects virtually every aspect of my every day. Music has been my bridge to so many things; to my past, my recovery, my inner hopes and struggles, my happiness, and my health. I have been a musician all my life. I've performed since I was a young child, earned a bachelors and masters degree in music, and have worked as a professional singer, private voice instructor, and college music teacher.
There is no doubt that my involvement in music in the past is the reason I am as functional as I am now. Music spans both sides of the brain, and has taught mine to share functions between the two hemispheres. Thanks to this, I have not entirely lost those functions usually strictly associated with the portion of brain I had removed.
When I woke up after surgery, my first conscious effort was to search my brain to see if I still remembered my music. I do. Since then, it has been a key part of my recovery, and my most efficient way to express what I’m now going through.
This song, Dreamer, in part deals with some of my thoughts, heartache, and hopes as I came to grips with my current state. I hope you enjoy it.
2 comments:
Courtney, big congrats on the single! You never cease to amaze me. Thank you for continuing to share your gifts with the world!
A beautiful song by an incredible woman. I've just spent a few hours pouring over your blog posts and my heart aches for you and your family. The last time I saw you was in the Oregon LDS Distribution Center July 2010 and we discussed nursing tops, of all things. I had no idea you were enduring so much. I'm so sorry for all your pain and frustrations and I am inspired by your strength and beautiful music. I hope 2013 is better for your sweet family.
Post a Comment